
Sutton and I celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary on September 28th...Time truly does fly by. We were both busy with work and I was out of town that night, so we decided to postpone our celebration until the weekend. Last Saturday we spent the day together at childbirth class and that evening we drove out to our most favorite restaurant, Rancho Loma, which is just outside of Valera near Coleman. We had not been there for a couple of years and it is always such a treat! Here was the menu for the night...
Each week it is a fixed menu, but I have to say every meal I have eaten here has been amazing, even when it was something I thought I would not like. They grow most of the vegetables in the garden there on the property.
I love that you can walk through the kitchen and see your food being prepared. Lori and Robert are the owners. Lori is on the left in this picture. They are one of the sweetest couples you will meet and they are so talented! Lori is an amazing chef and Robert is the ultimate host. Their hospitality makes this the perfect dining experience- You feel like you are home when you walk through the door. If you get the chance to go out there, I promise you will not regret it and you will look forward to returning again and again!
The steak was fabulous! I actually liked the brocollini (and I hate broccoli!) and the polenta was perfect. I forgot to take pictures of the first two courses because I was so caught up in enjoying the food.
I am still dreaming about this dessert...I have got to figure out how to make it myself. It was so good!
Sutton with the Rancho Loma dogs...These dogs are just another part of the RL charm...Oh, and doesn't Sutton just look adorable? I am a lucky, lucky girl!
2 comments:
Congrats on your anniversary! And that dinner at Rancho Loma looked delicious! Missing going out there with ya'll.
Happy anniversary! The food at Rancho Loma looks delicious! What a fun way to celebrate your day!
Post a Comment