Monday, December 1, 2008

I still have a job.

This morning we received calls for work letting us know what our placement for 2009 would be. Fortunately I got my call early and found out that I will have a new secondary product, a new manager, and a slightly smaller territory (I lost Glen Rose). Most likely I will be headed to New Jersey the week before Christmas for training. Most everyone in my territory landed in a spot, but unfortunately one of my friends was laid off. I am sad tonight because we shared a product a few years ago and she became a good friend and she was a great partner. There were other people that were laid off today across the nation. Our industry is changing and with uncertain economic times there is downsizing across many of the large pharma companies. I am thankful to have a job tonight and I am praying for those that lost their jobs today.

2 comments:

Chois said...

So glad you have a job! And I love the Spode dishes--wish I had a set of 18 place settings!

Love ya,
e

Beck said...

JP, will you have to miss Page Christmas?