As I have written on here before, I have a major weakness for pretty dishes. I love them! Well, yesterday I did a very bad thing. I decided to give myself an early Christmas present. I bought 8 full place settings to add to my Spode Christmas dishes. We were given 10 Spode dinner plates for our wedding and Sutton's Mom always gives me pieces for Christmas so I already had a nice collection going, but I was wanting some place settings. Every year after Christmas I go to Dillard's hoping there might be some Spode left on clearance and every year it is gone. This year I really lucked out and found it on sale before Christmas and before it was all gone. I consulted with several reliable sources who all agreed that at 40% off I could not pass them up even if it was a bit excessive. Of course, the reliable sources were all dish people themselves and Judith did ask me if I really should be asking her (she has even more dishes than I do!). Mom told me it was an investment and definitely something I can pass down to my children. Ingrid also thought it was an excellent idea (she owns several sets of dishes herself.) I am so excited about my splurge! I now have enough plates to serve a Christmas dinner for 18 and with our large families that it quite possible. Sutton was not as excited about my purchase, but I think he was just happy that it made me so happy. So on Wednesday night our youth girls are coming for dinner and I can't wait to use my beautiful new dishes!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Merry Christmas to me...
As I have written on here before, I have a major weakness for pretty dishes. I love them! Well, yesterday I did a very bad thing. I decided to give myself an early Christmas present. I bought 8 full place settings to add to my Spode Christmas dishes. We were given 10 Spode dinner plates for our wedding and Sutton's Mom always gives me pieces for Christmas so I already had a nice collection going, but I was wanting some place settings. Every year after Christmas I go to Dillard's hoping there might be some Spode left on clearance and every year it is gone. This year I really lucked out and found it on sale before Christmas and before it was all gone. I consulted with several reliable sources who all agreed that at 40% off I could not pass them up even if it was a bit excessive. Of course, the reliable sources were all dish people themselves and Judith did ask me if I really should be asking her (she has even more dishes than I do!). Mom told me it was an investment and definitely something I can pass down to my children. Ingrid also thought it was an excellent idea (she owns several sets of dishes herself.) I am so excited about my splurge! I now have enough plates to serve a Christmas dinner for 18 and with our large families that it quite possible. Sutton was not as excited about my purchase, but I think he was just happy that it made me so happy. So on Wednesday night our youth girls are coming for dinner and I can't wait to use my beautiful new dishes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment