Thursday, April 23, 2009

One of those days...

Today was one of those days where I really enjoyed my work. It was one of those days where my offices were all in good moods and I was reminded that all of my years of calling on them really has equated into great relationships. I had some really good product conversations with a few of my doctors, conversations where you walk away and know they are going to use more of your product based on the information that was shared. I ran into two elementary/ high school classmates and my old county agent who I had not seen in years! I also saw my mentor and old work partner and it was nice to catch up with him. I talked to one of my dearest college friends on the phone (we haven't talked in a couple of years, not counting Facebook and blogs)...I had good conversations with random strangers as I was waiting to see my doctors. I got my haircut at lunch and and enjoyed catching up with my hairstylist who has become a great friend over the past 3 years. I loved getting to sit in the back of the salon and eat lunch with her before she cut my hair. It was just a great day of connecting and enjoying people. In my line of work, it does not always go this way, so I had to take a moment to reflect and be thankful for a really good day at work. On top of all of that, I got to come home tonight and watch a new episode of Grey's Anatomy with my sweet Sutton, who I had not seen since Monday! One more good thing about today- it is my dear friend, Ashley's birthday. Ash- Happy Birthday! Hope you have had a good day, too...

6 comments:

Jill said...

Yay for such a great day!! What a blessing good friends and work associates are.

~B said...

You deserved a good day.

Rody and Wendy Chesser said...

I am glad you had a good day. You are such a sweet person, I am glad it was reciprocated to you! I was just soooo excited to see you home. I missed you and thank you for the Dublin Dr. Pepper. Hope your house is still in tact after our horrible wind/dirt storm last night...check your window sills.

Beck said...

I'm so glad you had a great day - it was long overdue after all the morning sickness (and afternoon and evening sickness)!

I'm thankful that the whole day was a blessing to you, Grey's included!

Jessica Detten said...

It's good to hear you be so positive about work especially! Did you see Mr. Stanford -- or who? Hope you are feeling better, too! Martha Stewart "twittered" about her trip to Hereford...she really did come!!!

nobody said...

who did you see from school? curious over here... lol glad you had a great day, those are always blessings.