
Sutton celebrated his 36th birthday this past week. He was so busy that day, so he just wanted to relax when he got home that night. I made dinner and an amaretto cake (his favorite flavor) and we just hung out. It is amazing how much things have changed in one year...Last year his birthday wish was for a baby...We were both a little down then because I think we both thought we would be parents by the time he was 35 and it just was not happening...When he blew out his birthday candles that day we just seemed to be missing something. God has a perfect plan, and 2 weeks later we found out we were pregnant with Miss Q! We always joke that she was his belated birthday present. This year she was here to help him blow out his candles and we feel complete. It was a happy day for all of us. I love this man more and more as the years go by and that love has deepened even more now that I have seen him become a daddy. My prayer for Quincy is that one day she will find a man to marry who is as good and sweet as her father. He works so hard and juggles so much so that he can provide and care for us. I am so proud of him and feel blessed that he chose me! Here are my 2 favorite people in this world on Sutton's birthday...
4 comments:
You *know* that stories like this make me tear up.
God is so good. He has a plan for our lives. He knows what is best for us. Anything less is just not good enough.
I know all too well that sting of something missing. God blessed us, too. I am so happy for your beautiful family!!!
What a birthday gift - definitely one to remember! Y'all have been so blessed by Miss Q!
You brought tears to my eyes!!! Love you all!!! ~Chels
What a precious picture of them blowing out his candles together. Priceless! She is growing up!
Post a Comment