Wow- February flew by! We started the month with Sutton out of town for work. This was the first time Q and I had stayed home alone and we had a great time, but we were so glad when he got back. Most of our days were spent warm and cozy at home, but we did travel to Stamford for our church's bi-annual Smorgasbord and for a Sip and See for Quincy. We especially enjoyed watching the Winter Olympics! This was our third Winter Olympics since we met in 2001 and it is one of our favorite things in this world! Each night, I would cook dinner, we would put Q to bed, and then stay up way too late watching all of the action. I think we have been going through withdrawals since they ended. We also had Quincy's pictures taken this month, but I will share those in another post. Here is what we were up to the month of February...

9 weeks old

While Sutton was out of town, we enjoyed a quick visit from Gigi!

We also went for Q's 2 month checkup. Here she is with Dr. Sawyer.

She had to get shots and she was not a fan, but she was tough.

She loves bathtime...

Talking with Daddy after her bath.

We met our sweet friend Laura for lunch on the Friday before Valentine's Day. We had a great time catching up!

Laura took this one of Q and me.

Q in her cute "first Valentine's Day" outfit.

Daddy surprised me with roses for Valentine's Day. We enjoyed a very low key day and it was perfect because I got to spend time with the two great loves of my life! We went to church, had lunch at Carino's, spent the afternoon relaxing, and we ate appetizers for dinner in front of the fire while watching the Olympics.

On the 18th, we went to the Tom Green County Farm Bureau Office for a hamburger lunch and to support Daddy at the Food Checkout Day. It was a great event and they served almost 1,000 hamburgers with the proceeds going to support the local food bank! Daddy also got interviewed on live tv.

That night, Q and I attended Aggie Happy Hour while Sutton had to work. Here Q is with our cute friend, Roxie, who is Class of 2008 I think...Man I feel old...Crazy to think Q will be Class of 2031!

Papa went to church with us on the 21st and then treated us to lunch at the Country Club.

We enjoyed a snow day on the
23rd and loved having Daddy work from home. We made smores in the fireplace and made soup...

And Daddy and Q got to cuddle. I love how she has her hand on his while he is giving her a bottle. She does this to me when she is nursing and it is almost like she wants to make sure the food isn't going anywhere!

I have enjoyed playing with my big camera...It is amazing how much better the pictures are with a DSLR.


Here Q is dressed up in a cute onesie from Aunt Chels that says, "All because two people fell in love", and a cute flower from Aunt Ingrid. Q is a lucky girl to have so many sweet aunts to spoil her. This was the first picture I took, but I kept thinking I could get a better one and this is what happened...

She hung in there for a while and then it was all too much and she let me know about it! Even when she is mad, she is cute.

The last weekend in February, we went home to Stamford to see Mor Mor and Pop and for a Sip and See diaper shower for Q. We had such a great time catching up with old friends and loved ones. Patsy, Clara, and Lisa hosted the fun party.

Here Quincy is with her Great-Grandma at the party. My camera died right after this so these were the only pictures I was able to take.

I am amazed at how much Quincy developed during the month of February. Here she is on her playmat working on trying to roll over. She loves her playmat and spends alot of time on it.

She prefers tummy time on the boppy and she is really holding her head up now. She is cooing and squealing and making sure her voice is heard. They are the sweetest sounds in the world to us and we cannot get enough! Her daddy can get her to laugh every now and then, but I think this is really going to start in the next month. She kicks alot and will move herself all the way down to the end of her crib. She started sleeping in her own room at 10 weeks. I think this was harder on me than it was on her, but I am so thankful for the video monitor which gives me alot of peace of mind and has saved us many trips across the house. She slept through the night for the first time in her room on Valentine's night. She has done great since then, and typically goes down around 7:30 p.m.- 8:00 p.m. and sleeps til about 7:00 a.m. Every now and then she still wakes up around 3 or 4 am. She is also taking longer naps and we have developed a bit of a schedule. It is nice to finally have some structure to our days. I know we have been very blessed to have a fairly easy baby the first time around and we are really enjoying parenthood. I am still at home and will be off until April 6th. Our proposal was not approved because our company is going through more change so they are not approving anything like that right now. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers...I know God will show us what we need to do. In the mean time, I will go back to work 4 days a week for the first 12 weeks and we will see how that goes. Hopefully by then they will revisit our proposal.

Here is one more of our sweet, happy girl.
3 comments:
she is just beautiful!!
I can't believe how fast Quincy is growing!! She is so precious! And - you look great!! What a blessing she must be to y'all. Hopefully things will work out with your schedule at work so that you are able to spend more time with her. We'll say extra prayers!
That was a very informative post! Wow--you got a lot in there. We really wanted to come to the Farm Bureau event, but we were in Dallas that day. :( Glad you had a nice Valentine's Day...what beautiful roses. I am loving all the pics of Q. She looks different to me in all of them, changing all the time. She is such a cutie!
Post a Comment