Friday, March 5, 2010

January 2010

The first month of 2010 flew by! Quincy grew and changed so much and we enjoyed watching her development. Most of my days were spent here at home with her just soaking up every precious moment. It has been nice to be able to stay warm and cozy at home since it has been such a cold winter. We did get to travel a couple of times with Daddy to Dallas and Waco. Here are a few pictures and highlights from her second month of life....
5 weeks old

All dressed up for her very first church service- She is 6 weeks old here. Sutton was installed as an elder at our church on this day, so it was a special day for everyone.
In mid January we went to Dallas so Sutton could attend a training seminar. The girls had fun shopping while Daddy was learning. One special part of the trip was getting to see one of my oldest and dearest friends, Raquel. We had a great time catching up and we can't wait to do it again!
Miss Q and her Aunt Chels- We loved getting to spend time with our family.
Sutton's little brother, Ricky, and his cute girlfriend, Jessie, came in from Arkansas while we were there.
Jessie got Q this cute little duck onesie...Here she is dressed up in it before her first Aggie Happy Hour. Sutton even went with us (I think he wanted to make sure we did not start brainwashing her too early...) We had a great time and Q was the hit of the evening.

At the end of the month we traveled with Sutton to Waco. He had to be there for work so my sister Ingrid picked us up and we enjoyed spending time with she and Georgia in Reagan. She took this cute picture of Q while we were there.
We went to Crop Paper Scissors in Waco which is one of my favorite scrapbook stores...
This was Quincy's first visit to a scrapbook store so I had to document it, but as you can see she was not as excited as I was!
Still not too excited about shopping, but trying to hang in there.
After our fun 2 days with the Tusas, we met Daddy at the Farm Bureau office. Not only was this Quincy's first visit to the home office, but it was my first visit as well. I did not realize how big it is and I was very impressed! Here Q is with Daddy and Daddy's boss, Jim Nance.

Quincy is a good sleeper so far and slept through the night for the first time while we were in Dallas but I think that was a fluke because it took several weeks before she would do it again.
She really started smiling this month and is such a happy girl! I took these one morning while I was getting her ready for the day.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

She is just precious, Johnna! The picture of her smiling at the bottom is so adorable!

Rody and Wendy Chesser said...

I love those pics. She is such a cutie. You need to crop and get a close up of her toes on that first one. I LOVE baby's feet pictures. Okay so it is the only time any of us have cute feet.

Jill said...

Fun post!! Quincy gets cuter and cuter by the day! I think she is starting to look a lot like you.