We spend every Father's Day weekend with Sutton's dad and his brothers and sister. The tradition dates back at least 12-13 years, and I have been blessed to be a part of it for at least 8 (missing only one year when it was a guys only trip.) In the old days before babies, we traveled to Lake Amistad and would visit Acuna on Friday night and then spent Saturday relaxing on a pontoon boat. I can't tell you how much fun those trips were, and I have some wonderful memories from those days, but I am very thankful that our tradition is now a weekend in Horseshoe Bay. This year was awesome because we rented a house at Escondido and enjoyed time at the pool and homecooked meals at the house. It was relaxing and so easy with all of the little ones. We definitely got to know each other better as a family and I know this year will always hold a special place in our hearts. The best part was that Michael brought his sweet girlfriend, Erica, to join us. She is an amazing woman and I am so thankful that God has blessed Michael with such a sweet person- She is truly an answered prayer. Here are a few pics from the weekend...
This was also Q's first time in the pool and she absolutely loved the water! She was kicking almost immediately. She is also a big fan of bathtime and has been since the beginning. I guess I should have known she would be a waterbaby because the only time I really felt really good when I was pregnant is when I was taking a bath or swimming.
No comments:
Post a Comment