Saturday, August 8, 2009

24 Weeks

We had our monthly checkup this week and all was well. This is Miss Q at 18 weeks- my doctor forgot to give us the ultrasound picture last time. This is the first picture we have of her sweet face. Look close and you can see her eyes, nose, and mouth.

We have also slowly begun the process of transforming the guest room into the nursery. The first step was getting rid of the king size bed. It was bittersweet for me because I love having company and I love having a nice place for them to stay and it almost felt like the end to that time in our lives, but we are planning to have a smaller bed in the room so we should still have plenty of room for company. I began cleaning out the closet which is overwhelming. That is the closet that holds all of the things that don't really go anywhere else. The closet project will take some time. Sutton's sweet mom is working on the crib bedding and window treatment. We are so blessed to have this talented lady in our lives. It is so nice not to have to worry about those details. I also have the crib and dresser ordered and plan to order the chair this week. I can't wait to post pictures of how it all comes together! I have to say thanks to Jamie for sharing the link to the Kelly's Korner Show Us Where Live nursery post. This definitely got me inspired.

As for our sweet baby girl, she is growing like a weed and moving around alot. I felt movement for the first time back in June but it was not until our family vacation and my poa meeting that I began to feel it consistently. This week was the first time Sutton was able to feel it. I think it freaked him out a little at first, but now he seems to like it. She is most active when I lay down at night and seems to rest when I am driving. I love having that little reminder that she is in there and in less than four months we will both be able to enjoy her. I can't wait! This weekend, Sutton is at Ft. Davis at Bloy's Camp Meeting, a favorite Page family tradition. I am home working on projects and catching up on some rest. I really hate to miss this fun time with our family, but I haven't felt great this week, so I decided to just take it easy this weekend and not push it too much. Next year we will all go to Bloy's as a family!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness, how long have you been going to Bloys? This was my eleventh year, how in the world did I not know that y'all go as well. We are part of the Means and Evans camp. We actually just got back home today, hopefully I'll have my blog updated soon with pictures from this years trip. How crazy would it have been to just run into each other out there? We will for sure meet up there next year!

Cecilia said...

Oh, how I love the baby moving part! Probably one of my most favorite things about being pregnant...that and how everybody is so nice to you. :)