Saturday, March 14, 2009

Even better than a romantic comedy...


So this morning Sutton and I got to do the coolest thing!! A few weeks ago, a guy called here one night asking for Mr. Page...Well, Mr. Page was at a meeting, so I got to take the message. The guy, Coleman, was calling because he was wanting Mr. Page to take he and his girlfriend flying so he could propose. He got Sutton's name from the man that we rent hangar space from, so that was the only connection. Over the past few weeks Sutton and Coleman have been talking and planning the proposal. I even got to help and suggested the addition of champagne to celebrate. The weather has been bad all week and the ring was burning a hole in Coleman's pocket. He had hoped to propose yesterday, Friday the 13th, but it rained all day. This morning the ceiling was just high enough that they were able to go up. I was to arrive at the hangar after they had taken off and get the champagne ready. Then I was to videotape them as they landed and taxied up. I had been told Coleman would propose in the air as they flew over the Public Lands, a place where he and his girlfriend, Emily, had spent a lot of time hunting and falling in love. They landed and I did my job of videotaping, but almost ruined the whole thing when I asked if she said yes. Fortunately, Emily did not hear me and Coleman ignored me. Then I realized there was no ring on her hand so I thought she either said no or he had not done it yet. Then he pulled her into his arms, told her how much he loved her, got on his knee and asked her to marry him. I get tears in my eyes just thinking about it! It really was better than a romantic comedy! It was so neat to be a part of such a thoughtful, romantic proposal even if they were complete strangers. Emily said yes and then we presented them with mimosas and a card that Coleman had written for her. I hate that my pictures turned out blurry, but you can see the love and excitement in their eyes none the less...


I pray that Emily and Coleman will live happily ever after and that God will bless and keep them always together. I also pray that they will never forget the love they felt today and that their love will just grow deeper and stronger throughout the years.

1 comment:

Jessica Detten said...

Great story! Y'all should start your own "proposals in the air" business!!! Oh -- and you were right...Jack's answer to that problem was wrong -- I hadn't even checked it!