
Sutton turned 35 years old today. We kept the celebration low key with us going to see the movie,
Taken , which he loved. Action movies are his favorite and this one was perfect for him. Then we had dinner at Outback and he had his favorite, prime rib, medium rare. We came home and enjoyed ice cream cake. He had a nice day with lots of calls, messages, and cards from loved ones and he enjoyed having lunch with his good friend, Justin. The only thing that could make the day better would be a good, long, soaking rain. We really need it and I know that is what he really wanted for his birthday. We'll keep praying...

I am hoping to make a scrapbook page about 35 reasons why I love Sutton to commemorate this birthday...When I get it done, I will share it here. Until then, I have to say how blessed and proud I am to be married to this amazing, humble, sweet, genuine, hard working, loving, funny, loyal, Christian man. He is dedicated, determined, and strong willed- If he sets his mind to it, he will achieve it. I really could go on and on...I am still in awe that he chose me and I thank God every day for giving me Sutton.
I think he might be little blue about this birthday, so please leave a comment and send him some warm birthday wishes. I know that would really make his day!
6 comments:
Happy, Happy Birthday, Sutton! What a great day and we know it's the start to a great year!
Happy Birthday!!! Your bday present is a little late and nothing big...but you will eventually get it (when I get in teh kitchen). We really enjoyed hanging out with you all on Saturday.
What a sweet post, Johnna! Happy birthday, Sutton. ...and many more...
A great post for a GREAT birthday boy! 35 is the coolest, Sutton! We are so pumped a/b being able to celebrate a belated birthday with you in person - bring on the coconut rum. :)
Happy Birthday, Sutton! And remember, you are only as old as you act -- that's our motto around here! Hope it was great! And congrats on the flossing!
Love, all of the Dettens
Happy Birthday Sutton! He may not remember this(not because he's a year older...lol) but one of my favorite memories from state officer traveling days was when he took Bubba and I flying. I have never been more scared and had more fun all at the same time!! I'm happy to see the two of you together and so happy. My sister, Jodie, is the vet in Christoval and so next time I'm there for a visit I'd love to get together.
Post a Comment