The first is Hardwick Nursery in Rising Star. They also have locations in Cross Plains and Eastland, but I love the Rising Star location because that is where Jana, one of the owners, works, and because that is where all of the greenhouses are located so they have the best selection. Jana has been very sweet and patient with me over the years, and she has actually helped me to figure out what plants and flowers work best for me. I love that you get to pull a little wagon around to hold all of the beautiful things you find. They also have great produce, pots, salsas, and candy. I always have the best luck with their pentas in the summer and their pansies and snapdragons in the fall and winter. This is also where I got my upright Mexican petunia that has just about taken over my flowerbeds and that comes back each year without fail.
Hope you enjoyed today's happy places...We are spending the weekend in Horseshoe Bay with Sutton's dad, so that should be a lot of fun. I am a little behind on posting, but hope to get caught up next week. Have a great weekend and stay cool in the heat!
2 comments:
I need to get that Mexican petunia -- I like anything that takes over a flower bed and comes back without fail! I have a blacker thumb than you! Great post! Always look forward to
Fridays! Love ya!
My dad grew up in Brownwood and I have several relatives still there. My grandfather used to LOVE to go to Sliger's.
Post a Comment