The summer always goes by so fast...It seems like every weekend there is something with weddings, showers, family trips, and more. I am behind on the last couple of weekends so I thought I would catch up. The last weekend in May was perfect...We did not have anything planned and Sutton was caught up on his farming thanks to the blessing of rain. We spent the whole weekend at home catching up around the house and on us time. We needed it! On Saturday morning we got up fairly early for the weekend and decided to go get my oil changed and eat breakfast at IHOP and this is what we saw as we were leaving the house...


It kind of set the tone for the whole weekend. We went to Lowe's after breakfast and Sutton picked out his Father's Day present, a new grill. We got our first grill for our wedding almost 7 years ago and it had just about had it. I spent Saturday afternoon grocery shopping and cooking and Sutton spent the afternoon planting nandina shrubs in the back yard...something we have planned to do for years, but just never got around to it. Saturday night we had dinner with the neighbors on the other side of us. Sunday we went to church for the first time in weeks and then had family over, the Gardners and the Hollands, for our traditional Sunday lunch. We had not done this in months and it was so nice to catch up. I made a creamy cranberry pork loin, cheese grits, a spinach salad, Sister Schubert rolls, and that Fudgy Peanut Butter Cup pie.

Click
here for the recipe. I tried using low fat ice cream to save a few calories and fat, but I think you might as well go all out with this one...It is worth it!

We finished planting the flowerbeds my sweet neighbors started and then enjoyed trying out the new grill on Sunday night. Then a nice storm came in and we got the perfect rain. Another fun part of the weekend was hanging out with our dogs and the bunny. We recently let the bunny out of the cage and he was enjoying being free. We have been amazed that the dogs don't mess with him at all. I think Bub wishes he could do more than just sit there, but they all kind of do their own thing. More to come on that topic a bit later. It was a really nice relaxed weekend for us and we got caught up on so much around the house.
Last weekend, we traveled to Dallas to spend time with family and so that Sutton could attend a training seminar. It was another great weekend and we enjoyed being low key and hanging out. Caroline and Davy are both growing so quickly and they are both at a very fun age. I enjoyed spending Saturday with Sutton's mom, Nancy. We sat out in the morning, had coffee, and enjoyed their new back yard area. Then we had a nice girly lunch and shopped all afternoon. We looked at cribs, baby bedding, and fabric. I am very blessed to have my sweet mother in law who also has a great design eye and an amazing talent at sewing. We did not finalize anything but we got lots of ideas. Later in the afternoon we went maternity clothes shopping and I got several cute things for work. Here is the only picture from the weekend...

But I think it is perfect because it sums up how much fun we had just enjoying time with our family. Unfortunately, Sunday ended up being the worst day yet of the pregnancy and the drive home from Dallas was miserable. I have been doing really well and feeling better and better. I ended up finishing the Zofran on Friday and went without it on Saturday. Sunday morning I woke up throwing up at 3 and threw up all day until 7 when Sutton took me to the emergency room for an iv of fluids and a combination of Zofran and Phenagren. Needless to say, I am back on the Zofran and I have not thrown up since. We also came home to a dead bunny. We think he got overheated because there was no sign of trauma from the dogs. I was sad, but like Sutton said at least he really enjoyed the last few weeks of his life being free and he no longer has to live with a tilted head. Sutton left Monday morning for a Farm Bureau meeting in Virginia and I think they are having a really nice time. He will be home tonight and I can't wait! So, there is a long, overdue account of what has been going on around here. I will be back tomorrow with Happy Place Friday. Until then, enjoy your Thursday! It is almost time for another busy weekend.
4 comments:
I'm sorry that you had to get back on the Zofran. I was hoping that the worst of it was over for you, but for some of us lucky ones (um, NOT) the sickness never goes away. If it makes you feel better, I was on Zofran until about 37 weeks with both Hannah & Owen (with Megan, I was sick every day until 39 weeks, but my doctor didn't give me any meds). You can get through this!
Sorry about the bunny. How sad!
Hey I am so sorry that you had to go to the emergency room...thank goodness you are back on the Zofran! Sorry to hear about your bunny. Never got to meet him, but I knew he was special!
Hi Johnna, I'm sorry you are still so sick. Thank goodness for Zofran! We will continue to pray for your pregnancy.
OMG...sorry about your bunny! I just now am catching up on blogs and I'm so sad!!! Hope you are feeling better NOW! C'Jay
Post a Comment