Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sneak Peak Into Q's Nursery

Here are some early pictures of the nursery. Things have come together more since these were taken, but it won't be completely finished until after she arrives, so I will post pictures of the finished nursery then. I am still waiting on the chair and the drawers to the dresser which were damaged during shipping. That part has been frustrating because I ordered all of that back in August so we would be done in November. This is such a small thing to worry about so I am just going to let it go, but I do have to say that I expect more from a local business that is trying to compete with the large chains...I expect excellent customer service and I don't feel like I have gotten it. Sutton's mom made all of the bedding and she is also making the bedding for the daybed. I am going to get her to help me hang the decorations on the wall when she comes to stay after the baby gets here. I have the hardest time deciding where things should go and I drive Sutton crazy while picture hanging, so we have found in our 7 years of marriage it is easier just to let someone else do it. Sutton was in charge of painting the walls and the daybed and he took his job very seriously. The green color was a special blend and Sutton was so excited because the guy at the paint store named it after Miss Q. Our sweet neighbors gave us their daybed when they got new bunkbeds so Sutton painted it white to match the rest of the furniture in the room. It is all very girly, clean, and simple, and I love it! So until it is completed, here is a little sneak peak into Miss Q's nursery...