I just want to thank you all for the thoughts, prayers, and encouraging words for Dad. Dad's surgery was successful on Friday and he was able to get out of ICU yesterday. We are hoping to have the pathology report back towards the end of the week and are praying that the lymph nodes that were removed were clear. Here is an update from Ingrid who is staying in Lubbock right now with Dad and Mom...
Dad is making progress as needed. He did finally get some decent rest last night. There is a great recliner in the room and he has been camped out there often! He is walking the length of the third floor and back so he is impressing us all with his grit and determination.
The doctor says he is right where he needs to be at this point. We are hoping he will get the stomach tube out soon because he is miserable with it, not to mention hungry since he hasn't eaten in over four days. Today is third-day post operation so his pain was higher today.
Thank you for continuing to pray. Your friendship and support means so much.
4 comments:
Johnna, I will be praying often for him and all of you as you walk through this with your dad! Praying for healing, no pain, quick recovery and easy adjustment...not to mention clean lymph nodes. I love you!
Oh Johnna, I have been absent from blogger world for almost a month now. I had no idea your dad was going through all of this. I'll say prayers for a quick recovery and good test results. hugs!
I am so glad to hear the good news! We will continue to pray for him and for you as well!! Only days left till the big Q day!!! Love you, Chels
We are continuing to pray for him and your family! The good news is so encouraging! If your family needs anything, please let me know. You know that I'm right here in Lubbock!
Post a Comment