Monday, November 23, 2009
Waiting...
I am finally caught up on posting pictures and I thought I better give you an update on where we are with Miss Q. It has been a crazy two weeks. I went in for an appointment a few weeks ago and my blood pressure was high and the labwork was conflicting. One test showed protein in my urine and another showed that it was clear. My doctor thought we might have to take her then... After additional labwork it was determined that all was okay but my doctor took me off work and I started seeing him twice a week. Fortunately my blood pressure has improved and I think being off work and being able to rest has helped alot. We went in last Tuesday for our appointment and he said be prepared for Wednesday so we were thinking she was coming very soon...My blood pressure was better and I was only dilated to a one so we decided to wait to induce because he said our chances for a c-section were high. That brings us to today...My appointment is at 2:45 and hopefully will know something then. Our actual due date is tomorrow. The good thing about having these two weeks is that I feel like we are as ready as we ever will be. All of her little things are washed and folded and put away. I have decluttered the closets, the pantry, the kitchen, and the refrigerator and my cleaning lady is coming today to freshen up the house. We have been to the grocery store and I have stocked up on meals from Preppers. The carseat and bases are installed and our bags are packed. My work stuff has been squared away. I have slept and rested more than I have in my entire life. Sutton and I have had time together and time with our friends. I even had time to get a much overdue pedicure. I am a bit behind on my thank you notes, but I am working on them daily. Otherwise, I really feel like we are ready. So we just ask for your prayers...I have always been terrified of labor and delivery so I ask that you pray for courage and peace and a healthy delivery. I will update as soon as I can. Thank you all for being such dear sweet friends. We are truly blessed and thankful that this miracle is coming into our lives during this time of Thanksgiving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Thinking of you and Miss Q and keeping you in our prayers. Don't worry about L&D you will do fine! It's an amazing experience!
Johnna - - I am so excited for you and Sutton. I can't believe she is almost here!!!
Just reading your post sounds relaxing! I'm so glad you had the time to get ready, and especially the time to relax. What a great feeling! We'll say extra prayers for you over the next few hours and days that all will go well once Miss Q decides to make her arrival. Can't wait to see pictures of your little one!
I absolutely can't wait to see pictures of precious Miss Q! I know you are going to be a total rockstar with the L&D. Continued prayers and hugs your way!
We are praying for you Johnna- I am so glad that you were able to take care of all the things you wanted to!! See you soon! Love Chels
Glad you are feeling ready. We are praying for you, Sutton, and Baby Q. For me, labor and delivery were a cakewalk compared to the pregnancy; I bet it will be the same for you. You will do great! Love, Jessica
You are so prepared! I am so impressed. Good for you. I will continue to pray for you. You will do great. You are a strong lady!
Wow! Girl, you are far more prepared than I have ever been or will be! YOU ROCK! Prayers for a smooth and easy and QUICK delivery of Miss Q! Can't wait to see pictures of her!
Everyone always wants to tell their horror stories about Labor and Delivery but there are so many easy ones that don't get talked about. Trust me, it is such a gift from God. If you want to hear 2 wonderful L&D stories to calm your nerves, feel free to give me a call.
S. Wideman
Sending prayers your way Johnna. I hope all is well and by the next time you post, Miss Q is in your arms!
I am Sutton's cousin and I've met you at Ft. Davis. Congrats to you and Sutton on the arrival of your baby girl! How exciting!! I hope we get to meet her next year at Ft. Davis :)
Post a Comment