Thursday, February 18, 2010

A White Oman Christmas 2009

We went to my parents on the 23rd of December. This was our first time to travel with Q and she did pretty well. I got my hair cut in Abilene on the way and that also required a stop to change and feed her, otherwise she slept most of the way. We were glad we went a day early because when we got up at 5 am on Christmas Eve, we looked out the window and there was snow blowing everywhere! We fed Q and then joined my dad in the living room where he had coffee and a huge roaring fire going. The Tusas also came in the day before, so we all just spent the day watching the snow and waiting for everyone to arrive. The guys did venture out to check cattle and run to town and Sutton said the roads were awful! It snowed the rest of the day making travel difficult for the rest of my sisters and their families. Fortunately everyone made it in safely and we had a great Christmas. The best part was having everyone meet Quincy for the first time. There are now 11 grandchildren on my side ages 13 to newborn, so it was wild! You can also visit Ingrid's blog for other Christmas pictures.
It was snowing so much you could not even see the church which is only about a mile away and usually very visible from where I took this picture.

The Kelleys

The Dettens

The Groteguts

The Pages

The Tusas

The boy cousins

Mor Mor and her grand-daughters

The youngest cousins- Sam was born in April and Quincy was born in December.

The oldest and the youngest- It feels like just yesterday Emily June was this size!

Quincy and Pop

I took this one of the church as we were leaving Ericksdahl headed to Dallas. It was so pretty Christmas Day morning in the snow I had to take a picture. Sutton could not stop so I took this as we were driving by. We were sad that Christmas Eve Candlelight Service was canceled because of the bad weather, but as tired as we were at this point we might not have made it through it anyway.

This was what the roads looked like for most of the way from Mom and Dad's to Cisco.

Once we got to Cisco the roads were clear, and we were so thankful we were heading east to Dallas rather than west to Abilene...Look at the traffic on I-20!

2 comments:

aggielauren05 said...

Oh I love the Oman family! Your parents have some good looking grandkids! Did Judith tell you that we ran into them in Ft. Worth? It was great to see the Groteguts! One of these days we'll have to make it a point to see the Pages when I am home for a visit!

K said...

I remember Emily June's baby picture in your dorm room...surely we cannot be this old!