Sunday, August 24, 2008
BACK TO SCHOOL
I am so glad that school starts tomorrow! I know that probably sounds crazy since I no longer go to school, and we do not even have children, but for some reason I love back to school time. Maybe it is because our jobs do not mean summers off, so I find myself resenting the fact that I have to go to work when others get to stay home during the summer. I also love fall, and back to school means it is just around the corner. I love the gorgeous colors, the yummy scents, fall flowers, and just the feel of fall. I love football and I love that the new seasons of my favorite shows will begin soon. I have always loved fall, but the fact that Sutton and I fell in love 7 years ago during the fall and we got married 6 years ago in September make it that more special for me. Fall reminds me of home and it always makes me feel a little bit sentimental. Fall makes me want to start new routines and get back into the swing of things. Tomorrow, Wendy and I are going to start back to our early morning walking routine and I am so glad. I have been very lazy the last month and a half and I think the heat and the lack of exercise have impacted my attitude a bit (and not in a good way). I am looking forward to Labor Day weekend because that means my fall decorations and dishes can officially come out of the closet. I can't wait! Sutton took down the redneck pool today, so I feel like that is an official sign that summer is ending. I lit my apple pie candle and now we are just looking forward to the new season...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment