Saturday, May 16, 2009

Avery's Birthday and a Surprise for Jessica

I am going to attempt to catch up on 2 months worth of posts this weekend, so be patient...Easter weekend we traveled to Hereford to spend time with my family. While we were there we enjoyed getting to celebrate Avery's third birthday with a fun family pizza party. Here are a few cute pics of the sweet birthday girl...
Here she is dressed in her favorite present- a cute pink tutu skirt from Aunt Judith and pink slippers.
The twins have really grown and they are really funny to watch...Josef climbed up on the piano bench at one point and started playing for everyone.
A bit later, Johan found the Peeps and by the time we could get to him, he had already shoved an entire Peep in his mouth.


On Saturday, we all surprised Jessica with a baby shower at Judith's house. The party turned out great despite the rainy weather and I think Jessica was really surprised. Here are a few pics from the day....
Surprise!
We decorated with pastels since the gender of the baby was unknown. The theme was perfect since it was also Easter weekend.
The cute petite fours from a great bakery in Canyon. I did not get a picture of the buffet, but the food turned out really well. I have to say we pulled together a great meal...perfect girly shower food. The menu included awesome club sandwiches, chicken and wild rice soup, fruit skewers with fruit dip, strawberry romaine salad, mini brownies, and petite fours. The only thing we did not make ourselves were the petite fours and we received rave reviews on the food.
The shower hostesses
Jessica and the rest of the Detten family
Judith's friend and one of the hostesses, Ann, performed the wedding ring test on Jessica to determine the sex of the baby...She also did the test on me and it showed that we will be having a boy- so we'll see!

At the end of the party we found Josef on the table eating M&M's...
Alex and Johan
Miss Georgia
Ingrid and Georgia

1 comment:

Rody and Wendy Chesser said...

Hey Johnna...what is the blonde girl's name on back row left of the Denten family picture? I think I went to school with her.