Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Prayer Request

My best friend, Bryce, is currently on a mission trip in Mexico. They return tomorrow. Hopefully he will send an update when he returns and I will try to get it posted here. Here is an e-mail he sent asking for our prayers...

Hope this finds you doing well. A group of 30 from Cross Country Church in Holliday, TX is about to leave for a mission trip to Yucatan, Mexico on July 3. We fly into Cancun and take a bus 4 hours South deep into the Yucatan peninsula. We will be involved in orphanage construction work, backyard Bible clubs (VBS), and crusades. Please lift our group in prayer. It's a big group and there will be a lot going on. Thanks for praying for us and for the people of the Yucatan as we bring them God's word. I'm excited to see what God has got in store.

Thank y'all,Bryce


Thanks for praying for Bryce and his group. Hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

Bryce Moore said...

Johnna, thanks for the prayer request post. I just got back home from Yucatan, Mexico. God really blessed our group this week. We had to rely completely on Him throughout the week. It was tough, hot, hard, uncomfortable work, but at the same time fulfilling work. It was extremely hot down there with no AC. The orphanage contruction work was hard. We carried rocks and mixed concrete on the ground with no machines or modern tools. They are probably 40 years behind us technology-wise. Many in our group got sick with vomiting and diarrhea, including me. I spent one whole day sleeping in my hammock because of a stomach bug. It was pretty miserable, and I felt like I wasn't contributing. Others stepped up and filled in. I was supposed to preach at a large church that same night. I was excited to share God's word, but I was so sick that another guy filled in for me. Fourteen people came to know Christ that night, so if it took me being sick for that to happen, then I thankfully accept that. The kids down there were great to work with, and all the people were so receptive to our group. Our plans changed a lot when we got there, so we had to be really, really flexible. The toughest part for me as one of the leaders was to constantly answer questions from our team with "I don't know." That wasn't easy. Their culture is so different from ours', and plans don't always mean a whole lot. God had a great plan for our trip, and we felt it was accomplished. We met some of the kindest, friendliest, and most-giving people I have ever been around. We shared God's love through skits, tracts, music, teaching, Bible schools, door-to-door evangelism, and orphanage work. Even though there were a lot of difficult situations, God continually proved his faithfulness. Thank you for the prayers.

J. Page said...

Glad you are back! You have been in our thoughts and prayers and we are thankful that it was a great trip. Thanks for the update. Talk to you soon!