Sunday, November 23, 2008

Neighbors


















From left to right: The Chessers and the Burnetts
Today I am thankful for such great neighbors. We moved to this street over 5 years ago and we have always been blessed with really good neighbors. Jim and Julie live across the street and they are a joy. Julie is an amazing baker and she spoils us with cheesecake and other sweet treats. Jim has brought Piper home several times when he has dug himself out of the backyard. They also watch over things when we are gone. Lou and Brenda live next door to them and Lou is the neighborhood watchman. John and Brenda live down the street towards the end of the cul de sac and their constant cheerfulness and friendliness always makes my day. Other great neighbors were the Benicks and the Kanes who lived down the street and became very dear friends. Both families moved when the military called and they had to be stationed elsewhere.

We seem to have a knack for attracting friends who are either in the military or the ministry and therefore they do not stay in one place long. When the Chois moved last summer I told Sutton no more friends in the military or ministry because it is just too hard to say good bye when they move (even though we have remained friends with all of the above, it is just different when they aren't in the same town or state anymore.) Then the Chessers moved next door. I baked them a buttermilk pie and went next door to introduce myself. Immediately there was a connection and I knew we would be friends. Then I asked what they did...It was as if God was laughing at me when they told me Rody was a preacher. Well, a year later, the Chessers are still here and Wendy has become one of my dearest friends. We walk several mornings a week and I treasure that time together. I tell you all of this because today is Wendy's birthday. She is an amazing wife, mother, Christian, and friend. God's light truly shines through her and I am so thankful she lives next door. Check out the sweet blog post her husband wrote for her...It is a wonderful description of the special lady that lives next door to us. Wendy- I hope you have a fabulous birthday and a year full of blessings!

2 comments:

Rody and Wendy Chesser said...

You are so sweet! And you are more of a blessing to me than I will ever be to you!!! I prayed that God would prepare a friend for me before we moved here. And in His mercy and kindness...He gave me the funnest (I know it is not really a word) but you are, coolest and sincere friend RIGHT NEXT DOOR!!! Thank you Lord for Johnna and Sutton. Thank you for my 'prize'. You are the BEST!!!

Anonymous said...

Anybody can make a buttermilk pie.