Friday, November 21, 2008

So much to be grateful for tonight...


I have fallen behind on blogging about my blessings. Tonight I feel so thankful for so much. I am thankful it is finally cold enough for our first fire of the season and for my favorite flannel pj's. I am thankful that I am done with grocery shopping until after Thanksgiving. It was crazy at HEB tonight and I know it is only going to get worse this weekend. I am thankful that I can go to the grocery store, fill up my basket, and not worry if I will have enough money to pay for my groceries. A few weeks ago, I saw a man being chased out of HEB as he tried to steal groceries. I can't even imagine how desperate he must have been to feed himself and his family to have to steal groceries. I wish I could have bought him those groceries, instead, he left the cart in the parking lot and sped off in his car, probably off to try to steal elsewhere. It broke my heart and at the same time reminded me of the blessings I take so for granted. I am thankful for our new, improved, fancy HEB...It is so awesome, even though it does take me two hours to shop because there is so much to see. I am thankful that the holiday season is just around the corner and that Love Actually is on t.v. tonight. I am thankful for a weekend at home and I am looking forward to a day of baking for the youth bake sale and catching up around the house. What are you thankful for tonight?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for 2 sleeping babies, leftover cheese pizza, and fleece pants tonight. Have a fun weekend at home and enjoy that baking. I wish I could come sample....

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, and 1 more thing that I will soon be thankful for...sipping chocolate all thanks to you. ;)