Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Evening commute

I worked in Abilene today. It was a beautiful day- A bit windy, but not bad, just sunny and warm. I drove into Ballinger, got gas and the wind had kicked up a bit, but still not bad. This was the scene outside of Ballinger- the calm before the storm....

Another 5 or so miles and here is what it looked like once I was outside of Rowena. Just in case you can't tell, that is dust. I dodged tumbleweeds the rest of the way home and struggled at times to keep my car on the road. The forecast is calling for gusts up to 35mph tonight and the wind is howling. I really hate wind and if it is this bad in February, I can't imagine what it is going to be like in March. I guess that is what we get for living in West Texas, but I would not live anywhere else for the world!

No comments: