
I love fresh flowers and typically treat myself to an inexpensive bunch when I make a trip to the grocery store. I read somewhere once that people who keep fresh flowers in their house are usually happier and less depressed. I told Sutton this and he said to buy flowers whenever I wanted...I was kind of hoping he would get the hint, but since he didn't, I buy flowers for myself most weeks. I usually buy tulips or gerbera daisies, or whatever is on sale, but this past weekend I could not resist the bunches of pink and red carnations. They seemed so happy and festive and reminded me of the Sex and the City episode where they were talking about how carnations were old fashioned and "just filler flowers". Then, Berger shows up at Carrie's door with a big beautiful bunch of pink carnations and said, "I hear they are making a comeback." So sweet and romantic...of course, he broke up with her on a post- it note the next day, but it made me see this cheap flower in a whole new way. They are so pretty in a solid color bunch, they are cheap, and they last a while, so I think Berger might have been right. I had hoped to put a clip from the episode on here, but could not find it, so here is a picture of my bunch of pink carnations instead. Next time you are having a down day, try buying yourself some fresh flowers...It works!
9 comments:
I love fresh flowers!! I may go buy some tomorrow. Mr. B isn't a flower guy. It's okay with me. Having them delivered is so expensive. But if he were to stop at the store and grab a few, I wouldn't complain. Fresh flowers *always* make me happy.
My husband thinks flowers are over-rated and a waste of money because they just die, but maybe I will send him a link to your blog and he will change his mind! Or maybe I will just buy them for myself! They do perk things up!
I should probably edit this to let you know that Sutton is good about buying me flowers for the big things- birthday, anniversay, and Valentine's Day, so I really can't complain...But, Becky, I agree, it would make my day if he just stopped at the grocery store and bought me some for no reason- I would definitely not complain.:) And, Kelli, we need to work on Jimmy or you just need to buy them for yourself!
I'm laughing at Sutton - he and Russ are totally the same about that stuff! I will say that I know him well enough to understand that his thinking was, "whatever makes my baby happy - I want her to do it!"
What a lovely little arrangement! I myself can do without flowers, but then my favorite quote of S & the City is "She's fashion roadkill!" so I have a completely different perspective. Dennis actually said that "once you start putting out, guys stop sending you flowers...." I stopped getting them when we got married!
I read this right after watching Sex and the City tonight! Made me laugh! I, too, love flowers but rarely buy them for the house. Owen likes to climb on things and vases are the first thing to go (well, actually, pulling the tablecloth off and by the laws of gravity, anything else that happens to be on the top of the table). I think carnations are underrated...in a tight cluster like you have, they can really be so pretty! Enjoy them while they're there!
For a bday one year, a guy gave me red carnations (we were going on a blind date close to my bday). He also wore big WHITE tennis shoes. I have never looked at carnations the same. Ummm, no 2nd date either. But, your arrangement is oh, so pretty. Like all the ladies here, I love a surprise arrangement. I don't think guys know how it makes your day.
Well I feel the same as everybody else... I bought myself tulips at HEB yesterday since I am not going to hold my breath on receiving flowers on the big holiday. Love ya sis!
Post a Comment