Monday, February 2, 2009

Can you believe it?


It is hard to believe it is already February! Where did January go? It seems like it was just Christmas. On January 31st, we received three more holiday cards! It was so fun and unexpected to get them. Every year we keep the cards in a bowl on the counter in the kitchen for a month or two and try to pray for the families whenever we look through them again. Then I will crop them down and make a few pages for our Christmas album. I was going to do that on Saturday, but something made me wait, and I am so glad I did.

















Then, on Saturday night we were treated to our Christmas gift from our sweet neighbors. They showed up at our door singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" with homemade enchiladas, all of the fixings, and the movie, Fireproof. I think this is one of my favorite gifts we have ever received. The dinner was awesome and such a treat to have a date night at home, but the best part was the movie. Fireproof was really good and a must see for any couple. Have you seen it? If so, I would love to hear (or read) your thoughts about it. I think this movie has the potential to change marriages and to bring many people to the Lord. Kirk Cameron is the star of the movie. I used to have the biggest crush on him when I was in elementary school...He is just as cute as he was then and even better, he is now witnessing to many. In other news, I have been feeling the Lord really moving in my life lately, and I am hoping to share it here one of these days, but I am not quite ready yet. No, no baby news, but I am feeling a peace I have not felt in a very long time. I hope you had a happy Monday and that your February is off to a good start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad y'all have watched the movie. It's great. I've really been praying for y'all a lot lately.