Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Telluride Days 3 and 4

It has taken me awhile to get all of the Telluride pics posted...Things have been hectic with training for my job, Ag in the Classroom for Sutton at the San Angelo Stock Show, social events, and church commitments. This is the conclusion to our awesome Telluride trip and then on to other things...

On Sunday, the boys skied and the girls spaed. I can't speak for the boys, but I know Ash and I had a blast. We got massages, pedicures, had a great girly lunch in our robes overlooking the beautiful view of the snow covered mountains, enjoyed the slide and heated pool, and sat in the steam room. We came away relaxed and rested. On the walk back to the condo, we stopped in Mountain Village and enjoyed the excitement of an outdoor concert with great music. The boys joined us there. For dinner, we got a pizza, stayed in, and watched a movie.

On Monday, the boys decided to try snowboarding for the first time. Ashley and I rode the chondola up and down watching them try to make it down the Meadows for the first time. They got the hang of it and actually stuck with it all day.

We went into town shopping and enjoyed lunch at La Cocina again.


That evening, we had cocktails at Allred's and enjoyed the amazing view of the town of Telluride from the mountaintop.
We had a great dinner at the Excelsior Cafe on recommen-dation from a couple we met the first night on the gondola. Everyone was so nice and friendly in Telluride!
The boys had Cioppino, a fish stew, for the first time. The broth was incredible. I have seen this on the Food Network many times, but have never had the opportunity to experience it in real life. It was a treat!
View from our condo window on the last day-

We had a great trip home on Tuesday and I spent the day at home on Wednesday recovering by catching up with laundry and other things around the house. We had a great vacation and cannot wait to do it again next year!!

3 comments:

Rody and Wendy Chesser said...

I am thoroughly jealous...but am so glad you all got to enjoy the time together and with friends. What a blessing!! Glad you are home and spring is around the corner...I'm hoping anyway

Amanda said...

Hey! I just noticed on Facebook that you had a blog. I've enjoying reading it and catching up on all of yours and Sutton's happenings. Telluride looks beautiful....I'm totally jealous!

Anyway, take care!
Amanda Foley

Davidson's Diary said...

This looked like an amazing trip!!! We had so much fun with you both last weekend!! Can't wait to see you again!!
Love you- Chels