Wednesday, October 8, 2008

6th Anniversary Trip- Part #3

This is the last post about the trip- I promise! 6 years later and a few more pounds :)... I have always said I would rather be fat and happy than lonely and thin. We have been very happy the past 6 years.
The fish would swim right up to the pond bank. We saw some huge catfish, too. When we go back, I hope we can go fishing and also ride in the paddle boats.
This is my favorite. You might want to click on the picture to see it better, but this was an actual camel grazing in the pasture by the airstrip. It was so bizarre! I felt like we were in another country.
I always like to take a picture of the plane at the different places we land. This one is neat because you can see the windmill in the background.
Sutton gets annoyed with me taking these pictures, but one day I am going to get a great one where you can see us and the fact that we are in the air, too.
Sutton was excited because we got up to 180 mph, the fastest he's gotten this plane to fly. It was an amazing trip and I highly, highly recommend splurging on a trip to Cibolo Creek Ranch in Marfa. We will definitely go back and hopefully for more than one night. The staff was awesome, the food was fabulous, and the whole environment was peaceful, relaxing, and a throwback in time. It was a perfect romantic getaway.

4 comments:

Rody and Wendy Chesser said...

Girl you look marvelous!!! You have worked hard getting out of bed before the sun every morning!!! You are a beautiful couple and I pray God blesses 60 more years filled with love!

Synergy Studio said...

I wish I was there. It looks like so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Johnna, it was so nice meeting you at Cibolo Creek Ranch. You and Sutton are such a lovely couple and we had a great time getting to know you! All the best from Los Angeles! Heather & Tim (hmcmail22@yahoo.com)

*Waters Family* said...

OMG! I can't believe you went to CC! I found it by accident 3 years ago (online) and have been secretly LONGING to go there. I am so JONES-ING right now. And to go for your anniversary trip. Have not even had an anniversary in, oh I don't know YEARS.

SOOOO happy for you.
Jody