Wednesday, October 8, 2008
6th Anniversary Trip- Weekend Update Part #1
I will be doing this post in 3 parts because I have so many pictures...
I came home on Friday afternoon to these amazing flowers from Sutton. Since our anniversary was last weekend I was very surprised.
Friday night we had a very informal wine and cheese happy hour here at the house. I have never entertained on my coffee table before, but I will definitely do it again. It was laid back, relaxed, and very fun. Great way to kick off an amazing weekend!
We flew to Eldorado first on Saturday to get fuel, since it is much less expensive there. We were surprised that there were so many planes on the ground. It turns out that we got there just in time for the end of the annual Eldorado fly-in. We got to see lots of old friends, neat airplanes, and eat the best banana pudding.
Here was the airstrip just right out in the middle of nowhere.
Cool sign at the airstrip.
We were greeted at the airstrip by the nicest gentleman, Mike, and iced down champagne and glasses. We bumped along the ranch road drinking champagne...It was so neat! Thanks to the Whites for the nice surprise.
This was our room which had a fireplace and an amazing view of the lake.
We walked into the room and were greeted by more cocktails. Thanks to Russ and Becky for another fun surprise. If I did not know better, I might think our friends and family were trying to get us drunk and pregnant:).
View from the spa area looking out over the pool and the fort where we stayed.
Another pretty view of the fort from near our room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment