I am blogging tonight from the LaQuinta Inn in Eastland, Texas. It has been a crazy day. My new manager has been riding with me the last two days. We stayed last night in Brownwood and got up this morning to head out east. We picked up a breakfast and headed toward Comanche. We were in separate cars because the plan was for him to end up in Abilene and me in Stamford with Mom and Dad. But, the weather changed things a bit. Between Blanket and Comanche we came up on a pickup upside down in the pasture on the side of the road. We did not see anyone in it and no one else was stopping. Bill backed up and checked it out and there was a scared boy inside upside down held in by his seatbelt. He got him out and into his car to get him warmed up while we waited on help. Thankfully the boy, Scotty, was fine, just scared and worried about his job. Then another car slid in behind and off the road just barely missing my boss's car and Scotty's overturned pickup. It was slow going today but we made some good calls and covered alot of ground. At one point we had to pull into De Leon to scrape ice from our rearview mirrors. We made it into Stephenville in time to warm up and enjoy a great lunch at Hard Eight. I decided to stay here in Eastland tonight so I can catch a few customers tomorrow morning. The roads were really bad north of Abilene and Dad did not want me to chance it.
I am warm and cozy here enjoying salted caramel hot chocolate from Starbuck's and American Idol on tv as I listen to sleet hit my hotel room window. Tonight I am thankful that Scotty was okay. I am also thankful for safe travel, for the many red birds that I saw as we slowly drove the frozen roads of central Texas, for finding a great radio station, Country Legends (a nice blast from the past) to keep me company on the slow drive, for great barbeque, for nice people, for hot chocolate, for a productive day at work, for Mom's good test results, and I am thankful that I will get to see Sutton tomorrow night! I hope that you are feeling happy and blessed and that you are safe and warm wherever you are tonight.
5 comments:
Johnna -- please be careful tomorrow as I'm sure the roads will be very slick tomorrow. Can you believe we don't have much ice at all up here? Be careful! Love, Jessica
Yes, Johnna - - be very careful.
I am thankful that you were safe!
Have a blessed week.
Scotty was very blessed to have the two of you on the road! Reading about you finding him made me tear up. I hope you're being safe!
So glad you made it safe. Your little angel was with you all day.
You are finding yourself in too many close calls! I'm so thankful you are safe! Love Chels
Post a Comment