
I am home today celebrating MLK Day with domestic chores and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I am kind of a nerd because there is nothing I love more to do on my days off than to declutter and organize and that is exactly what I am doing today (with a little daytime tv thrown in). I am reading an awesome book called Its All Too Much by Peter Walsh (the organizer from Clean Sweep). I read about the book on one of my favorite blogs, Creative Organizing. This book is very inspiring and is really helping me to let go of things I have been holding onto forever because I thought we might need it one day, or because it held memories for me, or because I received it as a gift and felt bad about not keeping it. I have issues with paper clutter...specifically holding on to thank you notes, cards, and letters. I also love magazines. These things bring me great joy but the clutter is starting to really overwhelm me. Peter Walsh's philosophy is very liberating and I highly recommend this book if you are interested in this type of thing. I hope you are enjoying this beautiful day and that you are getting to do exactly what you love to do today.
No comments:
Post a Comment