Saturday, September 13, 2008
7 Years Ago Today...
Sutton and I met at the West Texas Fair in Abilene. We were both there working the Planet Ag exhibit. Sutton was at the pig station and I was at the cotton station. I will never forget the moment that I saw him. There was something very familiar about him and I knew I had to talk to him. It was not "love at first sight" for me but I was drawn to him like I never had been before. I would call it "instant attraction" and I could not keep my eyes off of him. I did not think he even noticed me, but he told me later that he caught me looking several times. Sutton says he had a feeling that day that I would become his wife. I remember talking to him initially when there were other people around and I thought he was either rude or very shy. When the other people left, he began to open up and we talked for a long time. I could have stayed there all day, but I had to leave to go meet my mom. We did not exchange phone numbers, but I had a feeling that we would see each other again. Sutton got in touch with me later by getting my information from a mutual friend. Tonight we are going on a "date" to commemorate our first meeting. I hope you are having a good weekend and that you get to spend some quality time with your loved ones, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How sweet! I hope you enjoy your special night out!
Post a Comment